This building is the oldest establishment still standing in San Leon. It was build in 1950 by Gertrude and Henry Janner, aka The Captain or O'Henry and at some point, served at the Volunteer San Leon Fire Dept where the bell was rang manually, to which the local men would come to volunteer. The Janners raised their family and started their first business as Henry's Ice & Groceries in 1955. In 1966, the Janners tore the building down and rebuilt a bigger building to accommodate more stock. By 1970, the building served as a grocery store and gas station and by 1980 the name was changed to Janner's Ice House and Gulf Gas Station. Henry Janner died at the age of 68 in 1980,
Gertrude continued with the business. It became O'Henrys Bar in the mid 80's and remained as such until 2006. Gertrude Janner died at the age of 91 in 2013. She was a founding member of the San Leon Volunteer Fire Department Auxilliary and belonged to the San Leon American Legion Post Auxiliary. In 2006, Ginger Grutzius bought and renovated the building, removed the huge gas tanks and created Ginger's Coastal Eater & Sports Bar and opened in 2007. When Hurricane Ike hit in September 2008, the building was flooded with about 6 feet of ocean water from a 15 foot surge. Everything was destroyed and a six year recovery followed. Finally, in 2015, Ginger's Coastal Eater & Sports Bar reopened to serve the local community as well as guests from the surrounding areas.